Recent Posts

How to Visualize and Affirm Your Deepest Desires

Picture of a basketball net.Image via Wikipedia

By Michael Cobb
http://www.be-a-better-you.com

How to Visualize and Affirm Your Deepest Desires

It's been a long time since I played basketball. But I have a passion for it. Everyday I would think that I am making jump shots from every angle of the court. Then I would also imagine that I've won the championship, that I'm also the highest scorer in the game. I would really love to play again, but I'm too busy with my job & other stuffs.

Then the opportunity came when my friends invited me to play. I haven't been practicing, but I'm making more accurate shots than those who have been playing every day.

What made the difference?

Well, that's the power of imagination & visualization. If you want to be a lawyer, visualize as one. Act like one. Think of what suit you’re wearing, the judge you’re convincing, the case you're handling, and the courtroom you’re in. Visualize the evidences. Smell the victory. Make everything real.

You should also affirm. Believe that you are what you are visualizing. So you want to be a lawyer? Tell yourself, "I'm the best lawyer in the world." Don't say to yourself, "I will be the best lawyer in the world."

Affirm strongly. Say "I am," not "I will," because "I will" suggests something that will occur only in the future. You have to experience it NOW, not in the future.

You must sink into your subconscious your deepest desire. The subconscious mind can do what the conscious mind cannot.
Here's an exercise.

1. Get a comfortable & quiet place to rest.

2. Relax your whole body. Command every part of your body to relax starting from your feet up to your head.

3. Count back slowly from 20 to 1, where in each count you relax deeper & deeper. Upon reaching 1, you are completely relaxed.

4. Now affirm your deepest desire. If you want to be a lawyer, say," I am the greatest lawyer in the world." As you're saying that, picture yourself to be the best lawyer ever, winning every case you've come across. You may say "I am now explaining to the jury my winning proposition" or anything that will affirm what you're conceiving in your mind as of the moment.

5. After about 10 to 20 minutes of continuous confirmation and visualization, count slowly from 1 to 20. Upon counting, slowly be aware of your surroundings. Feel refreshed and invigorated after doing this exercise.

6. Repeat this exercise everyday.

What you have just learned is a very powerful technique to greatly enhance the power of visualization & affirmation by imbedding it into the subconscious. What once is nearly impossible to achieve will become easier to reach from now on.

---------------------------------------------------
Article provided by Michael Cobb. Visit Michael's Self Help, Self Improvement, Motivation and Personal Growth website at http://www.be-a-better-you.com/articles or the Self Help, Self Improvement, Motivation and Personal Growth Blog at http://be-a-better-you.blogspot.com for more great articles, tips and resourses.
---------------------------------------------------

This article may be freely used and distributed in its original
form on the condition that the above resourse box (including
links) and this paragraph are left intact.
---------------------------------------------------
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your insightful thoughts!